> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > 10 years ago i was deported from US from the State of South Carolina in exceeding my stay on my students visa after completing my degree.

10 years ago i was deported from US from the State of South Carolina in exceeding my stay on my students visa after completing my degree.

1 Answers. Asked on Nov 11th, 2016 on Immigration - South Carolina
More details to this question:
I was also working illegally. Can i apply to go back to US for a visit as I have been out of US for the last 10 years.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:48 AM

You may apply for a tourist visa. While you may no longer be barred from admission given it your deportation happened over ten years ago, you will face difficulty. You will need to satisfy a consular official you will not overstay and work without authorization this time. You will need to show strong ties to your country. You can read more about visitor visas at

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

370 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

231 Answers, 40 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

212 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

157 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

122 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

121 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Diana L. Anderson

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Cundy & Martin LLC

Bloomington, MN

| Contact Now

Awad & Khoury, LLP

Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums