1 Answers. Asked on Apr 11th, 2017 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
Hi my question is about daca/dreamers . My husband and I want to apply for it for my husband but we are scared that he has a 50 50 chance of getting it. The reason is that. He came here when he was little (1999) but in 2002 he was with his brothers due to them taking him to school and will they got into trouble and taken to jail and because he was a minor he was put in to Juvenile Hall to wait for someone who had papers to come get him and taken him home but no one came and he was there for to long and the judge couldn't keep him there so he told the judge that he voluntarily be deported. So he was taken back to Mexico but he came back to the US in the beginning of 2003 and we got together in April of 2003 so he has been here every since. We have been told that he can do it but it could get denied and if so then ice can get him. So we are scared to apply for it .we want to know what it is that can stop him and if he can get it.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:23 PM

Your husband will need to apply for a 601A (unlawful presence) and 212 (permission to reapply) waivers. You are correct it's a chance that his waivers would be denied, but it's also a chance that they will be approved. Basically, you have the burden of proving an extreme hardship if he was deported back to Mexico. I would suggest that you hire an attorney in applying for your waivers. If they are not filed and presented correctly, then your husband's waivers will be denied. 

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums