> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > divorce decree or divorce certificate

divorce decree or divorce certificate

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 04th, 2013 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
Can I submit my divorce certificate instead of divorce decree for naturalization?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
David Troy Cox at Cox Esq
Licenced in MO
Answered on Jan 04th, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Whether you are divorced or married is not relevant during naturalization proceedings.  There is no need to prove you are divorced (if you are).  In any case, you could rely on the certificate.  Sometimes they ask for additional information and they may ask for the decree, in which case you will have to provide that too.

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

318 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

234 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

139 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

102 Answers, 35 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

91 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Miller, Griffin & Marks, P.S.C.

Lexington, KY

| Contact Now

Murphy Sullivan Kronk

Burlington, VT

| Contact Now

Joy P. Robinson, Esquire

Upper Marlboro, MD

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums