> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > Hello, I have a few questions regarding the N-600 form. If i can get assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello, I have a few questions regarding the N-600 form. If i can get assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 02nd, 2017 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
Im married but I have not changed my last name on my license, passport, social etc. What name do i apply with? I received my citizenship through my Mom whom became a citizen through naturalization. Do i put my last name on the "other used names" & just send proof of my marriage certificate? It also asks for proof of residency. Through school. So would i go back to my elementary- high school/college and ask for school records? Thank you in advanced.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 05th, 2017 at 12:32 PM

You apply under the name you want but will have to prove the legal name change each time you changed it starting with your Certificate of Birth. 

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums