> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > How can i get my boyfriend from being deported when they are already talking about taking him under ice?

How can i get my boyfriend from being deported when they are already talking about taking him under ice?

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 05th, 2017 on Immigration - Virginia
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 03rd, 2017 at 6:24 AM

If you have permanent legal status in the U. S. e.g. U. S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, and if your boyfriend is not being deported for criminal matters, your marrying him could be a significant equity that might allow ICE to slow down and/or exercise favorable discretion in not deporting him. I assume that your boyfriend has already had a hearing before the immigration court since most individuals are entitled to one before they can be removed. Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Helfand & Associates

Whippany, NJ

| Contact Now

Pray Walker, P.C.

Tulsa, OK

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums