> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > I am a deported LPR. Can I reapply back to U.S.

I am a deported LPR. Can I reapply back to U.S.

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 04th, 2017 on Immigration - New York
More details to this question:
Good day! I have lived in the United States for 33 years. I was deported in 2013 for a crime of moral turpitude (credit card frauds). I have lots of United States citizen parents and family members. Before I was deported I was a LPR. My two part question is how long is my bar from the United States. It's been five years. I would like to start the process of reentering the United States has a visitor only. What can I do now?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 05th, 2017 at 8:25 AM

There is no expiration date on persons who have been deported for crimes except as related to prostitution offenses. You would have to have an immigration lawyer go over your entire situation to decide whether and how you could again become a resident of the US. Insofar as your question of visiting the country, you would apply for a visa at the American consulate or embassy if not a Canadian national, and indicate that you would also wish to file for a waiver to enter the US as a visitor. The consulate or embassy would deny the visa application as a matter of course, but inform you whether it would agree to accepting a waiver application and if so, tell you the specific procedure involved. Ultimately the consulate or embassy if recommending a waiver would forward the application to the admissibility review office of U.S.C.I.S. which would make a decision. If the decision is favorable, the consulate or embassy would then issue the visa.Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.


Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

308 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

147 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

122 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

90 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums