> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > My case is on hold now. i need it to be moved again

My case is on hold now. i need it to be moved again

1 Answers. Asked on Dec 08th, 2016 on Immigration - South Carolina
More details to this question:
I am an applicant. My wife is myself and my son (3 years) petitioner. she has a valid green card. she did not enter the states since 2010 till she entered again in May, 2016. my case was approved from the NVC but stopped in the in the American Embassy in Egypt.the Embassy asked for the movement certification in order to comply with their system notification (6 years no entry to the United States). My request is to unite the family together with my wife and son in the USA. Awaiting for your kind reply
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Dec 12th, 2016 at 4:01 AM

You need to submit the requested documentation. The U.S. Embassy needs documentation that your wife actually resides in the U.S. Given the length of time she spent outside the U.S., she is lucky she was not found to have abandoned her residence. Your wife should contact an experienced immigration attorney to discuss what documentation can be submitted. You can read more about family immigration at

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

308 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

147 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

122 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

90 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Pray Walker, P.C.

Tulsa, OK

| Contact Now

Olsen Law Firm

Chattanooga, TN

| Contact Now

Kassel & Kassel

San Bernardino, CA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums