> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > One part of the family well immigrate

One part of the family well immigrate

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 04th, 2017 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
Dear sir Me, my wife and my children have the green card. But my wife refuse to immigrants to usa now and of course my children we be with here in my original country. My question is, if I go and stay in usa untill i have the American nationality, may my children and my wife can get the nationality after that? Thanks
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 02nd, 2017 at 1:45 PM

If your wife and child stay in the home country and you become a US citizen, such would not allow your wife to automatically gain US citizenship. She would have to go through the process of becoming a permanent resident and fulfilling a three or five year period of residence before becoming eligible to apply for naturalization. With your children, they would have to enter the US with permanent residence, reside with you, apply for citizenship, and have the entire process completed before they turned 18. Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

359 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

237 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

178 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

112 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

78 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

76 Answers, 30 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums