> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > US citizen married in UK to UK ciitizen

US citizen married in UK to UK ciitizen

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 10th, 2017 on Immigration - Florida
More details to this question:
RESIDING IN London wants to return home with husband to live. Which is the approppriate visa for her husband.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 12th, 2017 at 9:51 AM

If your husband is seeking a temporary stay in the U.S. only, then the appropriate visa would depend on the nature and purpose of his trip to the U.S. If your husband is interested in U.S. Permanent Residency, then you would file an I-130 Immigrant Petition for an immediate relative. Please note that filing an I-130 could have adverse implications on his ability to visit the U.S. in certain temporary (nonimmigrant) statuses so the timing of any application needs careful consideration. Please note that this information is generic in nature and is not intended to be a substitute for specific legal advice in a given situation.  If you have any questions about these issues or any other area of Immigration Law please contact our office.


Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

318 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

234 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

139 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

112 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

102 Answers, 35 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

94 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

91 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums