> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > USCIS sent my green card on the wrong address. Now I dont want to pay fee for the replacement. It was not delivered back but its their fault. Advice

USCIS sent my green card on the wrong address. Now I dont want to pay fee for the replacement. It was not delivered back but its their fault. Advice

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 14th, 2017 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
USCIS denied my I 90 application with the reason (I never received it) because they didnt get the card back. Now they ask either to reapply with the reason lost and pay fee or appeal/motion which also have a fee of $675 which is non refundable. Its their fault they sent it on the wrong address what should I do now. They actually sent it on my petitioner's address other than the mailing address I provided in DS 260 form. That place was sold years ago and the people over there didnt mail it back.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 13th, 2017 at 8:19 AM

In looking over the I-90 form, there is no category to check off for a person to complain that U.S.C.I.S. made an error in mailing the card to the wrong address. The difficulty is that an application like yours could be automatically rejected by the cashier as not having the required fee. That being said, you could try to check off Part 2, Section A, 2.b that “My previous card was issued but never received”, and attach a letter of explanation with proof if you have not already done so. The other option of course is to pay the filing fee. Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

329 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

109 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

79 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Mark E. Jacobs, P.C.

Dallas, TX

| Contact Now

Piroozi Law Group, PLLC.

Las Vegas, NV

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums