> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > Am I eligible to apply with DACA?

Am I eligible to apply with DACA?

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 29th, 2017 on Immigration - Florida
More details to this question:
I came to US at age 15 in April 2006 under B1/B2 together with my father. My father adjusted thereafter to H1B and me to H4. Upon reaching age of 21, my status was adjusted from H4 to F1 so I can be with him and continue my college. I finally graduated in April 2014. Meanwhile, my father is green card holder now. I have been physically living in the US since April 2006 until now. I graduated from US high school and college. I have not been convicted of any felon or misdemeanor. I have lawful status continuously from April 2006 until April 2014. Considering DACA says applicant must have no lawful status on 6/15/12, can I still apply with DACA as a relief route?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 30th, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Hello.  You are ineligible to apply for DACA because as you said, you needed to have been ehre illegally since 6/15/2012 and you were in legal status on that day.  You indicate you graduated in 2014 but don't say whether you were issued Practical Traininig or whether you are still on it.  Your father is an LPR, and if you are not eligible to follow to join, he should have filed a petition on your behalf.  There are potential avenues to resolve your situation, but I would need to discuss your case with you.  If you would like to contact my office by phone and schedule an appointment (in office or telephonic), you can.  Our number is (619) 291-1112.  If your question is solely as to DACA eligibility, I have asnwered that for you and you need not call for an appointment. 

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

90 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

68 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums