> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > Cani reopen my husband's I-130 so he can apply for the I-601 waiver within the US?

Cani reopen my husband's I-130 so he can apply for the I-601 waiver within the US?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 20th, 2017 on Immigration - South Carolina
More details to this question:
He got his I-130 approved in 2008 Had an appointment in Cuidad Juarez in 2011(cancelled it) Case got closed Got the Consul to reopen it telling them we were applying for the I-601A and they gave us a year to complete but then our lawyer at the time said he didn't qualify because he already had an appointment before. As of now his case is closed
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:22 AM

The prohibition upon applicants participating in the I-601A program if they had a previous immigrant visa interview has been rescinded, and your husband is now eligible to apply for the benefits of the I-601A program. You can check with the American Consulate in Ciudad Juarez to see whether the case is still viable. If not, you would have to file a new I-130 petition and wait for that to be approved before filing for the I-601A waiver.Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.


Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

315 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

220 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

180 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

63 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums