> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > Getting a Green Card after marrying a US citizen when I already have an existing Green card application in progress (current ly, I-140 approved)

Getting a Green Card after marrying a US citizen when I already have an existing Green card application in progress (current ly, I-140 approved)

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 29th, 2017 on Immigration - Texas
More details to this question:
Hello, I am working in the United States on an H1b visa. I had my employer file a Green card for me in the EB3 category, last year, and as of today, I have an approved I-140 and waiting. My boyfriend is a US citizen, and next year we are planning on getting married. My question is that, since my own green card is filed i EB3, and will take years before I can receive one, based on my marriage to a US citizen, can my existing Green Card be expedited, and if so how long it takes from there? If not, what are our other options, are we allowed to file another green card application after I am legally his wife? what happens to this approved i140 in this case.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:24 AM

If you are married to a US citizen and you entered the country legally, you can be sponsored for a green card through marriage immediately after marriage. Hire counsel anywhere in the USA for represetation who will handle all steps from A to Z. Alot of us are very affordable.



Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

315 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

220 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

180 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

63 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums