> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > I represent a client who wants to attain a green card in the United States

I represent a client who wants to attain a green card in the United States

1 Answers. Asked on Sep 05th, 2016 on Immigration - Kentucky
More details to this question:
A 16 year old young lady who I have connections to lives in Iran and would like to come to the United States after she turns 18. What are the options that she has?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 06th, 2016 at 3:23 AM

Your client would need an appropriate immigrant or nonimmigrant visa. Without knowing more about her background and immigration goals, it is difficult to provide any guidance. Your client should consider scheduling a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. Many attorneys offer consultations by phone or Skype. In the interim, your client can read more about immigration options at 

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

90 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

68 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums