> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > I was denied the right to become a us citizen because I voted I have proof to show I was tricked into doing so ,I have 30 days to make an appeal,what

I was denied the right to become a us citizen because I voted I have proof to show I was tricked into doing so ,I have 30 days to make an appeal,what

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 03rd, 2017 on Immigration - Georgia
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:28 PM

You can make an administrative appeal to U.S.C.I.S. on form N-336 Request for Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings. U.S.C.I.S. policy on illegal voting depends upon the election law. If the election law penalizes the actual act of voting, the fact that a person has actually voted is sufficient to establish that he or she has voted unlawfully. However, if the election law penalizes the act of voting only upon an additional finding that the individual acted “knowingly” or “willfully,”, U.S.C.I.S. states that adjudicating officers cannot conclude that an applicant voted unlawfully until they assess the circumstances surrounding the voting, the applicant’s credibility, and the documentary evidence. Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

315 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

220 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

180 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

63 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums