> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > If have 3 kids born in is and mom lives in us 10 years and came from prue, what is a way now for citizenship

If have 3 kids born in is and mom lives in us 10 years and came from prue, what is a way now for citizenship

1 Answers. Asked on Dec 29th, 2016 on Immigration - Kentucky
More details to this question:
Reacap: Ameriacan brings a women from prue, does not marry but has 3 kids by which all 3 born in kentucky, its been 10 years. How would one go aboit getting citizenship witjoit being deported or going back to prue. Thank you.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 03rd, 2017 at 4:13 AM

There is no direct path to citizenship. She would first need to become a lawful permanent resident. There is nothing in the information provided that indicates she is eligible for lawful permanent residence. Simply having U.S. citizen children is not enough. One of her children could only petition for her upon reaching the age of 21. There may be options depending upon more facts. I encourage her to consult an attorney about her situation. In the interim, you can read more about immigration at

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

90 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

68 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums