Illegal re-entry

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 12th, 2016 on Immigration - Kentucky
More details to this question:
My friends fiance was arrested for illegal re-entry to the us they have children were getting married until this what can she do and whats he facing plz help
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 13th, 2016 at 3:35 AM

Unfortunately, your friend's husband is likely subject to the permanent bar to admission given he is being prosecuted for illegal re-entry. The fact that he has a fiancé and children in the United States will not provide any path to lawful permanent residence. He would not be able to seek lawful permanent residence until he has been outside the United States for at least ten years. After ten years, he would require a waiver to return. You can read more about the permanent bar at

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

90 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

68 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums