kindly reply on my mail

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 19th, 2017 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
sir my mom a u.s citizen n she applied for f3 visa category for my family in India - priority date august 2004. our case got approved in June 2010 now mine and spouse visa is approved but mine son born in 1987 july has been aged out after paying his visa fee of 325$, biometric n medicals were also done .but on d day of interview they said ur son is aged out. now me n spouse have got d visa wat can be done in my sons case even USCIS approved his name with us for the interview
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 19th, 2017 at 9:52 AM

I will assume that the US consular officer counted correctly and that your son has indeed aged out and cannot immigrate with you and your spouse. You and/or your spouse can file an I-130 petition(s) for him as soon as you enter the US with your immigrant visas. The waiting time is approximately 7 years during which your son should stay single as you would be petitioning for him under the F-2B category for unmarried sons or daughters of permanent residents over the age of 21.Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.


Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

315 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

220 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

180 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

63 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums