> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > Russian citizen in Mexico

Russian citizen in Mexico

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 20th, 2017 on Immigration - California
More details to this question:
Hello, My friend is a Russian native and is currently in Tijuana, Mexico and would like to apply for a visa to travel to the us. He has tried before for a B1, B2 but was denied for not having enough money or lack of connections to travel. Is there any way I could possibly help him? I am a U.S. citizen. What should be our next step? Thank you for your time.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 19th, 2017 at 10:18 AM

As a US citizen, you could give your friend an I-134 affidavit of support if you have moderate to good income along with proof of that in the form of a job letter, recent payslips, banking statement, and most recent federal tax return. You could also give him a letter to take to the US consulate or embassy guaranteeing his support, what he will be doing in the US, and promising that he will return to Russia at the end of his period of visit. Whether he is able to obtain a visiting visa is in the discretion of the US consular officer.Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.


Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

315 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

220 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

180 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

103 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

63 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums