> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > sponsor's address i 864 and i 865

sponsor's address i 864 and i 865

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 02nd, 2017 on Immigration - Virginia
More details to this question:
Hello, I have a rather complicated problem.regarding sponsor's address. When we filed the i-864, sponsor had already moved to a new address, but we just went with his old address(we didn't think that address was important). Now, my immigrant visa is issued and I am going to the US next month. Would this be a problem at port of entry? Will they find out that sponsor's address now is different from what i wrote on i 864? If this is the problem, i will have to file foer i 865, but i worry that this will cause even more problem, because move in date is before the date sponsor signed for i 864, which indicates that we willfully put wrong information on i 864. What should i do? Should i just go to the US without filing for i 865 because they won' know about the sponsor address change?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 03rd, 2017 at 9:45 AM

Turn in the I-865. Keep a copy of it. I don't believe you'll have any problem @ POI.

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

90 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

68 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums