> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > What happens if I don't file Form I-751, and go back to my home country before the 90-days period for good?Do I still have to come to a court hearing?

What happens if I don't file Form I-751, and go back to my home country before the 90-days period for good?Do I still have to come to a court hearing?

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 04th, 2017 on Immigration - Florida
More details to this question:
We are not yet divorced, but separated.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 29th, 2017 at 1:49 PM

Although not a guaranteed solution to avoiding court, if you intend to go back to your home country for good, you may wish to write a letter to the California Service Center since you live in Florida and you would be filing an I-751 application to that service center as it has jurisdiction over Florida. You can explain your circumstances, that you will not be remaining in the US, and perhaps give some proof such as an air ticket of your intent to depart. Upon your departure, you can also inform the Center that you have departed and give them proof of such, e.g. copy of passport showing entry into your home country.  The address of the California Service Center for I-751's is: 


U.S.C.I.S. California Service,

PO Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075


Due to the limitations of the Forums, Alan Lee, Esq.'s (the "Firm") participation in responding to questions posted herein does not constitute legal advice, nor legal representation of the person or entity posting a question. No Attorney/Client relationship is or shall be construed to be created hereby. The information provided herein by the Firm is general, and requires that the poster obtain specific legal advice from an attorney. The poster shall not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice nor as the basis for making any decisions of legal consequence.


Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

90 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

68 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums