Family-based Green Cards

Get a Free Evaluation For Your Immigration Case From a Local Attorney

Immigration Green Card FAQs
Does the fiance(e) visa automatically change to an alien registration card (green card)? How can an alien become a legal permanent resident or green card holder? How can I enter the visa or green card lottery? How can I find out when an immigrant visa number will be available for me? How can I get the ... READ MORE

Will the Start-Up Visa Act Bring Business to the US?
One hundred years ago America welcomed immigrants from all over the world. These immigrants struggled to learn the language, find work, and adapt to American life. Now Congress is worried that people educated in the US will leave as soon as they have a better offer. This has led Senators John Kerry and ... READ MORE

The Uniting American Families Act (UAFA)
Case law, statutes, and regulations have formed a crazy quilt of protections for people in a serious relationship who can't get married. One important pending law is the Uniting American Families Act (UAFA). This proposal has definitions of "permanent partner" and "permanent partnership" which have sparked ... READ MORE

Family-Based Visas
A nonimmigrant V visa allows a lawful permanent resident (LPR), also known as a green card holder, to bring his spouse and children to the United States. A green card serves as proof that its holder, an LPR, has been officially granted immigration benefits, which include permission to reside and take ... READ MORE

Immigration Visa for Adopting an Orphan (Non-Hague)
Adoption always has been an option for couples and individuals to start or complete a family. In recent years, it seems, more US citizens are adopting foreign children, that is, orphaned children who were born outside the US to parents who aren't US citizens. And it's not just the Hollywood celebrities ... READ MORE

Visas for Hague Convention Adoptions
According to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), there are about 20,000 adoptions by US citizens of children born in foreign countries (sometimes called "inter-country adoptions") each year. It's becoming an increasingly popular way for all sorts of individuals and couples - from the ... READ MORE

A Fianc? Green Card Can Raise Suspicions
A green card gives your spouse or fiancé the right to permanently reside in the United States, and opens the door for this person to apply for citizenship. This makes it different from a visa, because a visa only allows a temporary stay in the country. Your Spouse Is Your Relative Under immigration ... READ MORE

Getting a Green Card Through the Diversity Lottery Program
An immigration visa allows you to enter the United States, apply for permanent residence, and perhaps gain U.S. citizenship. The United States provides many ways for people to obtain immigrant visas. One of these is the Diversity Visa program, or DV program, which distributes visas by holding an annual ... READ MORE

How to Get an Employer-Sponsored Green Card
Could finding a job in the U.S. lead you to getting sponsored for a green card? ... READ MORE

What is a Permanent Resident Green Card?
A green card is the size and shape of an average driver's license. It's your official permission from the United States government to live in the country. Having a green card means that you're a "permanent resident" of the United States, although not a citizen. Several Ways to Get a Green Card You must ... READ MORE


Get a Free Evaluation For Your Immigration Case From a Local Attorney

Entrepreneurs can get green cards without $1m/$500K investment

The usual path to a green card based on an alien’s occupation requires a U.S. employer to petition for the  alien for a green card. Before the U.S. employer can do so, it is necessary for t ... Read more

Death of Spouse within 2 years of Marriage.

 If you are the widow(er) of a U.S. citizen who died before October 28, 2009 you may be eligible to immigrate to the United States if:  You and your deceased spouse were married for less tha ... Read more

EB-5 Applications Approved Between 1995 and 1998 to be reviewed

The Regulations can be found at: Federal Register Vol. 76, Number 192, October 4, 2011 modifying Federal Register Vol. 76, Number 188, September 28, 2011 from page 59927 onwards.

Visa Waiver Adjustments – Update

It is possible to adjust the status of a spouse to permanent residence, if that spouse entered the USA on the visa waiver program (“VWP”) provided the application is filed within the 90-da ... Read more

New Proposed Law – 55000 EB2 Visas By Abolishing DV Lottery

On January 11, 2011, Darrel Issa, a GOP house judiciary member from Iowa introduced a bill that would eliminate the Diversity Visa ("green card lottery"), and transfer those visas to the sec ... Read more

See more  (16 Blogs on Family-based Green Cards)

Get Professional Help

Find a Immigration lawyer
Practice Area:
Zip Code:
How It Works
  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys

Talk to an attorney

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you